Before you book a Home stay please understand you are going to stay at someone’s home, not a hotel. No doubt you will have an amazing experience living with locals and their help will be readily available when required, but respecting the rules of the house and maintaining the decorum is also very important.
Things to be kept in mind:
- Please inform the host in case you intend to come late or stay outside some particular day. Your safety and security is a big concern for host.
- Many Indian families do not encourage consumption of meat in their house. Its always good to check this beforehand.
- Most of the time you eat at the home stay but any particular day you want to eat out please inform the host.
- Please be careful while smoking and drinking. It’s a good idea to check with the host about the smoking zone and also depositte leftovers carefully.
- Along with maintaining decorum at your host accommodation, you are also expected to act responsibly in the neighborhood. Do not indulge in any activity that will cause trouble for your host. Do not enter in any kind of physical or verbal abuse in the neighborhood. If there is any issue that needs attention, take your host’s help to resolve it.
- Make sure you use the amenities provided to you wisely and leave them in working condition. When using water and electricity, make sure you don’t leave taps running or appliances switched on when you don’t need them.
- Most of the home stays unlike hotels, do not have a huge housekeeping staff. So, please maintain hygiene ando not litter in your room or common areas.