Home to unique culture and celebrated history, mysterious forests with diverse flora and fauna, hidden waterfalls and surreal lakes, Kumaon undoubtedly has some magical charm to it. Kumaon Himalayas extend around 320 km from the Sutlej River to the Kali River. The range consists partly of the Shivalik Range in the south and the Great Himalayas in the north. Inhabiting rustic villages dotted with medieval stone temples, the Kumaoni people have rich culture and heritage untouched by modernity. This trip is a journey into the heart of Himalayas to experience untainted nature and vibrant life in Himalayan Villages. Witness the picturesque countryside hamlets, magnificent snow-capped peaks and enjoy the hospitality of lesser-traveled Kumaon Himalayas.
The Trail: Corbett – Mukteshwar – Binsar – Chaukori – Patal Bhubaneshwar – Bhimtal/Nainital
• Experience Pahadi hospitality and lifestyle while staying in a Homestays and participating in farm activities like cow milking, organic farming and harvesting. Interact with villagers who will have numerous stories to share, learn local art forms like Aipan (traditional motif) or participate in cooking.
• Enjoy fresh home cooked traditional meals. Food in Kumaoni kitchen is made with seasonal organic vegetables coming mostly from in-house farms. Indigenous Himalayan herbs are incorporated for healthy living. Since everyone has their own livestock, milk products like curd, white butter, ghee etc.are made at home only.
• Kumaon produces the finest quality of Peach, Apricot, Pear and Plum. Plan this trip during summer months (May-July) to enjoy crunchy fresh fruits straight from the orchards. You may also engage in fruit plucking with your host.
• Indulge your adventurous spirit in sights, sounds and smell of the charming forests of Kumaon. Go on a Jungle Safari at Corbett National park to sight the Royal Bengal Tiger in his natural habitat. Walk through dense Pine, Oak and Rhododendron forest at Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary and chase rare Himalayan birds.
• Witness the amazing beauty of majestic snow covered Himalayan ranges like Nanda Devi, Trisul, Chaukhamba and Panchachuli from Mukteshwar, Binsar and Chaukori. Also experience some of the best sunrises and sunsets of your life on this trip. You can’t afford to miss some of the most breathtaking lakes of Kumaon – Nainital, Bhimtal, Sattal and Naukuchiatal.
• Visit heritage villages, understand and appreciate some hidden secrets of Kumaoni culture. Like Naula, that is a very unique and intricate natural water storage system of Uttarakhand which is still in use for centuries. Mostly it looks like a small temple with a roof and a porous floor which houses an aquifer. It’s a stone-lined tank which catches dripping water from springs and streams.
Cost: 17,700/- pp (for a group of min 4)
Includes: Transportation, 8D/7N Accommodation, Breakfast and Dinner
The money you pay for this trip has a direct social, economical and environmental benefit to locals.
1. Itinerary and duration can be customized to meet your exact requirement.
2. The Cost may vary according to the Itinerary and accommodation.
3. Detailed Itinerary and other information will be shared only with the potential customer.
Call our experts on: +91 999973 1115/93130 80096
You may like to explore Best Homestays in Uttarakhand