Spiti has the power to open your mind, change your perspective on life and amaze you with its calmness. It makes you realize that there’s nothing more beautiful, spiritual and captivating as what’s around you right now. Get Spiti-fied is not just another trip; it’s a journey which takes you into the hidden aspects of Spitian life and culture. It’s an opportunity to discover the core and unfold the mysteries of Spiti Valley. You stay with locals and explore their lifestyle in the most real form. Try your hand at local crafts, learn to cook traditional dishes or take lessons on high altitude farming and Get Spiti-fied.
The Trail: Shimla – Kalpa – Nako – Shialkhar – Tabo – Mane – Dhankar – Lallung – Sanglung – Langza – Chandratal – Manali
• Get the best of rural life in Greater Himalayas as you stay with locals in HomeStays throughout your journey. Involve with the host families in cooking and learn how to cook local dishes like Timo and Thukpa. Try local fruit wine and Chhang (made from Barley). You might also get to witness how it is made locally.
• Each village of Spiti is unique in its own way and offers a different experience. Witness the changing colors of mountain at Lallung, visit Sanglung, the smallest village of the world with only two houses, go on Sea Fossil hunting at Langza, make a post from the world’s highest post office at Hikkim and yes, don’t miss to visit Shialkhar, the birth place of Rimpoche Lochen Tulku, the present deity of Spiti. If you are lucky, you may find him to meet in person.
• Unfold the mysteries of the valley during your journey to ancient alluring monasteries of the region. Wall paintings, murals, thangkas, ancient manuscripts, stucco images, wind musical instruments are some of the gems that will help you do that in addition to your interactions with monks.
• Sherab Choeling Nunnery at Morang is where the nuns, locally known as Chomus get education in Buddhist philosophy, meditation, Tibetan language and literature, in addition to the basic education.
• You might never heard of Phukchung-a nun only village, located 21 km from Attargo Bridge in Pin Valley. Its a long-term retreats for nuns who come from Nyingmapa school of Buddhism. Here they spend 3 years in a stone cave, meditate from sunrise to sunset and do not speak to a human soul.
• Visit the valley during some local festival to celebrate life their way. Experience their traditions and beliefs; wear colorful attires, participate in local dances and be a part of interesting rituals. Some of the major festivals in the valley like Losar, Fagli, Ladarcha, Gataur and Chakar Mela fall in February, August and Sept. Contact us for this year’s schedule.
Cost: 19,700/- pp (for a group of min 4)
Includes: Transportation, 9D/8N Accommodation and, Breakfast & Dinner
The money you pay for this trip has a direct social, economical and environmental benefit to locals.
1. Itinerary and duration can be customized to meet your exact requirement.
2. The Cost may vary according to the Itinerary and accommodation.
3. Detailed Itinerary and other information will be shared only with the potential customer.
Call our experts on: +91 99997 31115/93130 80096
You may like to explore Best Homestays in Spiti