Nainital is a charming hill town set in the foothills of the Kumaon Himalayas in Uttarakhand. It is divided into two parts, with the Naini lake separating them. Northern part is known as Mallital and Southern part is known as Tallital. Nainital was formerly a British hill station and it still has many colonial structures that add to the beauty of the place. Go boating at Naini Lake or hike to Naini peak or Pangot, relish local delicacies, shop at the Tibetan market or the mall or take a ropeway ride to the snow view point from where you can enjoy the magnificent mountain vistas including Uttarakhand’s highest peak, Nanda Devi. The nearest railway station is Kathgodam that is just 35 km away.
It is a beautiful heritage house with a stunning panoramic view of the Naini Lake and the surrounding hills. The homestay is located in a peaceful residential neighborhood and has a huge garden and lawn. There are 6 comfortable and spacious rooms; all with attached bathroom. With alpine trees and wild flowers all around, it is ideal for travelers looking for a quiet retreat amidst nature. There are endless trails that start right outside the room. Bask in the sun and read a book or enjoy work from home while sipping pahadi chai with the host family.
Number of Rooms – 6; Total Capacity – 18 ppl
You will be welcomed by Prashant along with his father and mother. The family decided to share their home with travelers who seek solace in the hills around 6 years back and since then they are enjoying hosting travelers from across the globe. They love to host as this gives them the opportunity to interact with people from diverse backgrounds and find new connections that last forever. The family would give you tons of local information and directions on travelling in and around the town, often over a cup of tea.
Breakfast options include toast with your choice of egg, stuffed paratha, poha, poori sabji etc. Fresh homemade lunch and dinner is served on request. It ranges from authentic Kumaoni dishes like Kaapa bhaat, Bhatt ki Chudkaani, Kumaoni Jholi, Mungori, Lai ka saag, Pahadi Raita, bhaange ki chatni and Pua, to homemade north Indian platter including the ubiquitous Daal Chawal Sabzi Roti with a rustic taste, to give a local and cultural experience to the guests.
Internet • Running Hot Water • Open Seating Areas • Pet Friendly • Toiletries • Smoking Allowed • Washer and Dryer • Iron • Hair Dryer • Swing Set • Benches • Porch • Taxi service • Heater available on request
Bird Watching • Reading • Star Gazing • Hiking • Village Walk • Forest Walk • Shopping • Yoga and Meditation
Single Occupancy: 1400/-
Double Occupancy: 2000/-
Extra Person: 800/-
Upto 5 year: Complimentary (no extra bed)
6-12 year: 400/- (extra bed provided)
What you pay for a homestay, brings a direct socio-economic benefit to locals. Be proud by not asking for a discount.
Cliffs/Sunrise point – 350 metres • Buddhist Monastery – 700 meters • Himalayan High Altitude Zoo – 500 meters • Mall Road/ Naini Lake/Boat Access – 850 metres • Cable Car/Ropeway – 1 km • Snow Viewpoint – 1 km • Hanuman Garhi Temple – 2 km • Tibetian Market/ Naina Devi Temple – 1.5 km • Eco Cave Garden – 2 km • Thandi Sadak – 1 km • Nature walk through the wilderness – 250 meters • Tiffin Top/ Dorothy’s Seat – 3 km • Cheena Peak/ Naini Peak -6 km
Pangot (16 km) • Sattal ( 23 Km) • Bhimtal (24 Km) • Naukuchiatal (27 km) • Mukteshwar (48 Km) • Corbett (65 km)
1. There is a 300-meter uphill walk through the neighborhood to the house from the main road/taxi drop-off point. It takes about 10 minutes to walk through. Porter can be arranged on request for carrying the luggage on prior notice. He charges are 60/- for carrying luggage from the main road to our place.
2. Strict quiet time after 10 PM is followed.
3. All guests are required to submit a copy of their valid ID’s with address proof at check-in or send over their IDs and necessary documents before check-in. Note: PAN Card is not accepted as a valid ID.
4. Smoking is not allowed inside rooms.
5. Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
6. Since we don’t have a proper staff at the homestay premises due to the impact of Corona, we are unable to serve breakfast for the time being. Homemade vegetarian meals (Lunch and Dinner) are available on prior notice only and are charged extra.
7. Housekeeping charges are collected on checkout as ₹100 for the entire stay, along with any other dues.
You may like to check more Homestays in Uttarakhand