Shimla – Narkanda – Sarahan – Sangla – Chitkul – Kalpa – Mashobra – Shimla
If you want to witness the beauty of Himachal beyond Manali and Shimla, head to Kinnaur. Blessed with magnificent mountains, gorgeous valleys, glacial streams and a distinctive culture, Kinnaur is not very far fetched destination like Spiti. It is a land of mountain villages with slate-roofed temples, vast fruit orchards, plunging gorges, snow-capped peaks and adventurous roads. The beauty of these lands will surely take a part of heart.
Stay in family run homestays and experience the best of Himachali hospitality, be a part of the local culture and experience unique kinnauri culture, savour pahadi cuisine prepared with organic local produce, listen to fables from the hills while sipping hot tea with your host and de-stress while soaking in the amazing natural beauty of the region. You will travel with expert local drivers all along, who know these terrains really well.
So when you book this trip you’re supporting sustainability and directly contributing to uplifting the local community and boost the local economy.
• Drive really close to Tibet on the world’s most treacherous road at Shipki La border.
• Stay amidst apple orchards in a traditional wooden house in beautiful valley of Sangla.
• Witness the celestial hues of the rising Sun in Kalpa when it illuminates the Kinner Kailash along with the Holy Shivling.
• Explore Chitkul, the last village of India on Indo-Tibet road.
• Experience the authentic Kinnauri culture and marvel at the exquisite artisanal quality of the traditional Kinnauri workmanship at Narain Nagini Temple in Kalpa.
Day 1: Shimla – Sarahan (154 km)
Start the trip with picturesque drive to Sarahan via Kufri, Fagu, Narkanda and Rampur. Gateway to Kinnaur, Sarahan is an exceptionally scenic Himachali town that houses the mighty Bhimakali Temple. Enjoy delicious pahadi food prepared by your hosts. Night stay at Sarahan.
Day 2: Sarahan – Sangla – Chitkul – Rakchham (118 km)
After a quiet morning in the lap of ma Bhimakali, hold your seat once again for an adventurous drive to Sangla and then Chitkul in gorgeous Baspa Valley. It is surrounded by richly forested slopes and offers delightful views of the high mountains. Chitkul, is famous as the last village of India on Indo -Tibbet boarder. Spend evening taking a forest walk, enjoying the view or just relaxing. Night stay Rakchham.
Day 3: Rakchham – Kamru – Kalpa (52 km)
Get a glimpse in to the artistic legacy of past at Kamru fort that is set atop a hill in a picturesque location, 2 kms from Sangla. Now converted into a temple, it is dedicated to Kamakhya Devi. Drive through a once forbidden terrain, beneath the long shadows of mighty mountains, racing along Sutlej over a trade route from ancient times to reach Kalpa. Kalpa is one of the most beautiful villages of Kinnaur with spectacular views of the Kinnaur Kailash. The rising sun here that touches the snowy peaks with crimson and golden light can mesmerise any one. The village is covered in Chilgoza plantations and apple orchards. Spend time marvelling at the exquisite artisanal quality of the traditional Kinnauri workmanship on the Tibetan pagoda-style structure of the Narain Nagini Temple. Night stay at Kalpa.
Day 4: Kalpa – Shimla (217 km)
Drive back from Kalpa through Rampur. It is a gorgeous drive along side Sutlej River. Night stay at Shimla.
Day 5: Trip ends
Note: The itinerary can be customized to suit your interests, preferences and numbers of days.
Per Person: Starting 12,000/- (Min. 4 people)
• 4N/5D accommodation on twin sharing basis
• Breakfast & Dinner
• Private Car (Innova or Similar) with a trained local driver
• Required Permits and Permissions
• Applicable Taxes
• Any extra meal, soft drink or beverage ordered.
• Expenses incurred due to anything beyond our control like political insurgencies, natural calamities and landslides etc.
• Monuments Entrances Fee
• Anything not mentioned in inclusions
1. Due care is taken for the safety of the client but HOI will not be responsible for any mishap/ accident/ injury/ illness etc.
2. If the client does not attend/complete the trip or to consume benefits included in the price, he/she will have no right to claim a refund.
3. Trip will be confirmed on an advance of 50% payment. The balance to be paid before the trip starts.
When you book this trip you’re supporting sustainable travel and directly contributing to uplift the local communities and boosting their economy.
We are a family of 3 and we recently did a Himachal Pradesh trip with HOI, covering Shimla and places in Kinnaur and Kullu districts. It was a 10 night, 11 day trip. It was very well organized. We visited many places, yet the pace was not at all hectic. All the homestays had excellent hosts. The guest rooms at all places were very clean and neat. They served us homely meals prepared with care. At most places, the hosts were eager to spend time with us, and we chatted with them for long hours. The driver and car made available to us was excellent. He took very good care of us and also helped a lot to get our son's covid test done. It was a truly memorable trip, and we would definitely recommend Homestays of India to friends and colleagues. Thanks a lot.09/11/2021
Dr Sharda Kulkarni