With the COVID-19 outbreak, it’s time to keep calm and be careful. All the updates and the information bombardment on the social media has made most of us highly anxious and exhausted. Please be kind to yourselves and limit your exposure to the TV screens and 24-hour news cycles. Rather get the right information from the relevant official channels and trust that eventually this whole thing will pass.
For now, it is recommended you postpone all your travel plans in March. There are difficult times ahead but lets make the best of it. While it’s mandatory to follow hygiene instructions to keep us healthy and safe physically, it equally important to keep our spirits high. We promise you to keep your wanderlust alive by introducing you to unique homestays that you will love to visit once everything is back to normal. Keep following us!
A few things to keep in mind if you have to travel for unavoidable reasons:
1. Avoid going by local transportation or in groups. Don’t take flights, buses, or trains where you have to travel with others. Take your own car instead.
2. Carry homemade food and snacks for the journey. Do not eat at the roadside eateries.
4. Stay in places where you do not share the space with other travelers.
5. Do not eat outside food.
6. Wash your hands every 2-3 hrs and use sanitizer after touching any laminated surface or metal.
7. Also do not shake hands, follow Namaste instead.
Your well-being and safety is our priority so we are doing our part by training our hosts on the hygiene measures to be taken to keep themselves, their families and the guests safe. We are not allowing foreign nationals till further notice. Also we have made a flexible cancellation policy during the times of outbreak.
Meanwhile we, at HOI are busy preparing ourselves for the upcoming season. We are strengthening our team and building new skills. You will see our website in new avtaar before the month ends; much improved and easier to navigate. We are also launching HOI Trips soon. All of this means better travel experience for you all.
Vinod & Shailza
Founders HomeStays of India