Cleanliness and hygiene has always been important for a healthy life. But now, as we are fighting with Covid-19, it will be a vital safeguard for us in coming time. People will start traveling soon but providing safety to the guests can be very crucial. Those who will be able to make their place safe and win the trust of the guests will come out as a winner.
The homestay owners now will need to be extra cautious and maintain strict hygiene rules for their own family, staff and guests. We know Covid-19 is a highly contagious infection. It’s time to revise your hygiene habits in detail to make sure you are doing your best to protect yourself and your guests. We have put together some safety measures that will be significant in these times.
1. Keep the guest room completely clean and sanitized. Spread fresh linen and change toiletries.
2. Clean frequently touched things like door handles, telephone, light switches, remote controls, water filter etc. A check-list of such things is given at the end of this article.
3. Offer hand sanitizer to the guests on arrival before they checks-in and keep one in their room also.
1. Try to maintain a clean and untainted atmosphere at home.
2. Make sure to change the linen every day.
3. Food is the most important part of any stay. It must be cooked and served in perfectly hygienic conditions.
4. Maintain social distancing while dining, interacting with guests and involving in activities like bonfire.
5. Clean frequently touched things twice in a day till your guest is staying.
1. Open doors and windows of the guest room and switch on the fan to increase air circulation before beginning to clean and disinfect.
2. Do not start cleaning immediately after the guest leaves. Wait for 24 hrs if possible.
3. For additional protection, wear gloves, gown, and face masks while cleaning. Avoid touching your face, nose and eyes.
4. Start cleaning from the cleaner area and proceed towards the dirtier area.
5. Disinfect things after cleaning. First use soapy water on the surface, then spray it with a good disinfectant. You may use Bleach Solution, Lysol etc. Leave it on the surface for a few minutes, then wipe. Either use paper towels / disposable wipes or a fresh cleaning cloth for each guest.
6. When you’re done with the cleaning, immediately remove gowns, gloves and masks and dispose or wash them.
7. Wash your hands thoroughly after each cleaning.
1. Wash all linens like bed sheets, hand and bath towels, kitchen towels, and blankets after every check out.
2. Wash them at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer.
3. Remember to wear gloves and a mask while handling dirty laundry.
4. Avoid shaking laundry. It can increase the spread of germs.
5. Dry them in open air under the sun.
6. Do not forget to wipe off the washing machine after washing.
1. Keep a gap of 24 hours between bookings.
2. Try to take only one family’s booking at time.
3. Consult a doctor as soon as you see anyone down with fever or coughing.
It’s always good to be extra cautious than to be sorry.
ROOM: Door Knobs, Light Switches, Remote Controls, Table Top, Keys, Railings, Iron and Ironing Boards, Water Filter.
DINNING: Salt and Pepper Shakers, Pickle Containers, Water Jug, Chair, Table top.
BEDROOM: Hangers and Luggage Racks, Cupboard and Window Handles
You may also like to check Guidelines by CDC
Leave a Reply